Galaxy Surfactants Ltd-Nine Months result-Total Revenue including other income at Rs 2082 Cr YoY growth of 16 Percentage
03 Feb 2019
9MFY19 Consolidated Performance:
- Total Revenue (including other income) at Rs. 2,082 Cr YoY growth of 16% with an underlying volume growth of 7%
- EBITDA at Rs. 259 Cr, YoY growth of 14%
- PAT at Rs. 134 Cr, YoY growth of 13%
Mumbai, 4th February 2019:
Galaxy Surfactants Limited, a leading manufacturer of performance surfactants and specialty care products with over 200 product grades used in Home and Personal Care industry, has announced its unaudited financial results for the Quarter and Nine month ended December 31, 2018.
*Includes other Income
Commenting on the performance Mr. U. Shekhar, Managing Director, Galaxy Surfactants Limited said
“We have witnessed a total volume growth of 7.4% in 9MFY19. Both Indian and ROW markets have displayed strong performance, however, owing to a slowdown in Egypt, AMET performance remains subdued.
We are witnessing strong traction in the specialty care segment especially in the developed markets and expect this strong momentum to continue going ahead. The underlying market in India is exhibiting buoyancy and we expect the momentum to continue in the coming quarters. ROW and India market will be the key drivers for growth for us in FY19. As far as AMET is concerned, we continue to enhance our geographical reach through customer acquisition and expect the demand scenario to improve for the AMET markets going ahead.
We were recently awarded the Best Process Innovation Award at ICIS Innovation Awards 2018, which is a testimony of our R&D strength.
On the back of our strong customer relationship, enhanced product offerings, in house manufacturing capabilities and strong R&D, the long term picture of sustainable growth remains intact.”
|Galaxy Surfactants Limited (Consolidated Results)
|Particulars (Rs. Cr)
*Includes other income
|Galaxy Surfactants Limited (Volume Break up): YTD December FY 19
||YoY Growth % (9M FY19 vs 9M FY18)
|Sales Volume (in MT)
- We have maintained our volume growth on back of a buoyant domestic market, pick up in consumption witnessed by the home and personal care industry and traction seen in the specialty care segment
- Total volumes stood at 157,261 MT for 9MFY19 as against 146,381 MT in 9MFY18, up by 7.4% YoY
- Volume growth has been driven by all three customer segments MNCs, Regional and Local
- India and ROW markets grew at 13.3% and 29.5% respectively
- AMET market de-grew by 8.3% due to continued slowdown seen in the Egypt market.
- Performance Surfactants volume stood at 97,698 MT for 9MFY19 up by 1.1%
- Specialty Care Products volume stood at 59,563 MT for 9MFY19 up by 19.7%
- EBITDA for 9MFY19 stood at Rs. 259.3 Cr as against Rs. 226.5 Cr in 9MFY18 up by 14.5% YoY
- EBITDA per tonne stood at Rs. 16,489 for 9MFY19 as against Rs. 15,473 in 9MFY18, leading to sustainable growth in EBITDA
- PAT stood at Rs. 133.9 Cr for 9MFY19 as against Rs. 118.0 Cr in 9MFY18 up by 13.5% YoY
Received the “Best Process Innovation”
Award at ICIS Innovation Awards 2018 held in London. The award was presented to Galaxy for its novel, environmentally friendly process to produce N-acyl amino acids surfactants. These mild anionic surfactants are used in various personal care products such as skin care and hair care.
Other Important News Articles More