Golden opportunity to celebrate metals during National Chemistry Week Oct 20-26
04 Oct 2019
WASHINGTON, Oct. 3, 2019 — The American Chemical Society (ACS) invites one and all to celebrate chemistry’s biggest “holiday,” National Chemistry Week, from Sunday, Oct. 20, to Saturday, Oct. 26. Don’t miss a golden opportunity to spotlight chemistry with this year’s theme of “Marvelous Metals.”
National Chemistry Week builds awareness of the positive impacts of chemistry at the local, national and global levels. The observance began as National Chemistry Day on Nov. 6, 1987, but soon evolved into a weeklong event that takes place annually in the fourth week of October.
- Join the virtual celebration anytime at www.acs.org/ncw and on social media by:
- RSVPing on Facebook for National Chemistry Week and inviting friends and colleagues to join the fun.
- Spreading the word by adding #NationalChemistryWeek, #NCW and #MarvelousMetals to your posts.
- Finding your local National Chemistry Week coordinator on our lookup page.
- Sharing the love on social media: “I love chemistry because. . . .”
- Planning a National Chemistry Week event — and adding it to ACS’ calendar.
- Registering for “Marvelous Metals,” an Oct. 22 online event in the ACS Program-in-a-Box series.
- Writing and illustrating an original poem for the Illustrated Poem Contest.
- Reading “The Secret Life of Gold” in ACS’ ChemMatters magazine.
Not sure how to get your own event started? Read our tips for planning a hands-on science event, and try some fun activities that fit with this year’s theme of metals: Let’s Do Chemistry with the Penny, Float a Metal Boat and Identify the Marvelous Metals.
By uniting members of ACS with businesses, schools and communities, National Chemistry Week communicates the importance of chemistry to our quality of life and encourages careers in the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Other Important News Articles More