Reachlaw Announces Chemical Regulatory Training Courses In India
01 Feb 2019
SAFTY DATA SHEET, EXTENDED SAFETY DATA SHEET, GHS CLASSIFICATION, TRANSPORT CLASSIFICATION &GHS LABELS
WHY THE PERSON OR TEAM PREPARING SDS HAS TO BE COMPETENT?
- Competency – a Regulatory requirement
- There could be penalty or fine imposed by Regulatory Authorities to you or your customers for
- Not keeping SDS or providing a copy of SDS to your customers in compliance with the regulations of the country where the chemical material is placed. Example:
- In US, penalty upto $12,934. per violation and if the violation is Willful and Repeated, the penalty could be upto $129,336 per violation
- In EU, Fines up to 50,000 EUR
- Incorrect identification of DG status may lead to heavy fines /penalties / prosecutions imposed by shipping authorities.
- Over the recent years, there have been big changes in the MSDS/SDS content due to rapid changes in chemical regulatory framework.
- Incorrect information in SDS may negatively impact Safety and Safety Programs (eg., Product Stewardship) at your site or your customers’ sites.
WHY YOU NEED TO TRAINED EMPLOYEE(S)?
- SDS is not one-off time task: Regulations demand supplying of updated Safety Data Sheet to the recipients of the chemical products. So, it is important for you to have employees trained on SDS who can understand what information triggers update of the SDS and how to update the same.
- Trained employees can avoid high cost, hidden cost and risk associated with Outsourcing of SDSs preparation by preparing SDS in-house or negotiating with SDS Authoring Service provider skilfully:
- Many of SDS service providers provide SDSs in a format generated from Software. It may be difficult to update SDSs significantly in those formats, without access to software that has generated the SDS, which results in continued dependency on SDS Service provider, further leading to additional costs to your company.
- What if your Customer has queries/complaints towards your MSDS/SDS prepared by SDS Authoring Service provider and the Service provider is not responding to those queries/complaints? In such cases, trained employee(s) play a vital role in avoiding customer dissatisfaction.
- If you are thinking of purchasing an SDS software or you have an SDS software for creating SDSs: You can’t fully rely on the Database of many of the software’s available in the market. To cross-check the data or identify the accuracy of the data, you need trained employee(s).
Our high-quality course material is especially designed after series of discussions and feedback from chemical industry professionals handling regulatory compliance, enforcement events and customer communications, candidates will learn how to prepare compliant SDS, labels and apply regulatory changes following implementation of GHS, CLP/REACH, OSHA Regulations (covers EU and US market). The course is delivered from our pool of qualified professionals successfully managing SDS authoring process.
EC 1907/2006 (REACH), EC 1272/2008 (CLP), COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2015/830, GHS, US OSHA (Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200, also known as HazCom)
ABOUT TEACHING METHODOLOGY
From our industry experience and consulting assignments, our intensive course remains an interactive session right from the beginning with live industry examples, group assignments including trouble shooting sessions to help candidates overcome their practical challenges while preparing SDS or eSDS, also considering some key challenges faced by the Chemical formulators.
At the end of each section, especially sections 2, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12 & 14 deliberation, we will teach candidates with the help of practical examples/assignments on how to fill information in these sections.
Established in Helsinki in 2006, REACHLaw provides chemical regulatory compliance and product safety solutions globally, having its head office in Finland also present in Brussels, New Delhi and Istanbul.
REACHLaw is one of the foremost REACH Only Representative service providers in the EU. We represent over 300 customers in over 40 countries. Our customers are typically manufacturers, importers, traders, downstream users, retailers and governmental organizations.
An Only Representative appointed by CHEMEXCIL for EU REACH Compliance in India since 2008.
OUR CONSULTING SERVICES
- Only Representation Service
- Registration Services
- Global Regulatory Compliance (KOREA-REACH, TURKEY-KKDIK/SEA, RUSSIA REACH etc.)
- Monitoring Services (Chemical Regulations/Updates)
- Legal & Consulting services (REACH & CLP, BREXIT, IT)
- Testing & Certification (SVHC, EXEMPTION)
- REACH Audit
- REACH Compliant Supplier
BRIEF ABOUT COURSE
- Step-wise guidance to prepare a compliant SDS covering all 16 Sections/sub-sections
- How to determine classification of substances & mixtures in accordance with EU CLP/GHS and International Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Special attention on Sections 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12 & 14
- Compliant label creation corresponding to packaging sizes
- Group exercises
- Written Test
TRAINED SDS PROFESSIONALS ARE IN HIGH DEMAND UNDER VARIOUS FUNCTIONS IN CHEMICAL, AGROCHEMICAL & ALLIED INDUSTRY
Exports, International Business, Quality, Research & Development, Production, EHS & Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Product Safety / Stewardship, Responsible Care.
COURSE DURATION, LOCATION
2 Full Days, Mumbai & New Delhi
- Overview on SDS & GHS
- EU & US legal requirements for SDS (excluding eSDS), step-wise guidance how to fulfil & comply with data requirement for all 16 sections/sub-sections. This includes practice session for the main sections using live examples or exercise.
- Discussion on Grey areas and common mistakes made in SDS
- Introduction to EU GHS and US GHS Label with examples.
- Basics of Extended SDS (eSDS), learn how to prepare eSDS with group practice session
- Basic Toxicology & Ecological properties for SDS preparation
- Briefing on Resources to fill data gaps
- Introduction to Read-across & QSAR tools for Ecological properties
- 1 Group Exercise on SDS preparation (excluding sections 4,5,6,7,10,13,15 &16), followed by discussions
- Written test
Attendance certificate or successful participation certificate (upon Successful clearance of the test) will be awarded to each participant.
English & Hindi
Industry professionals with work experience in Chemical & Allied Industry orFreshers with Graduate/Post Graduate in Chemistry or related discipline.
Send your applications by email to Mrs Pallavi Dobriyal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important News Articles More